A Comfortable Airplane Outfit - Flying in Style

Tuesday, November 30, 2010


I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!

I received a wonderful request last night to write a blog post on what shoes to wear on an airplane.  I understand this is a puzzle in itself; where do you find a shoe that can easily slip on and off when you go through security, stay comfortable and warm while you fly, and not look sloppy?

I perused through many websites, and looked for ones that I would buy, struck me as a special shoe to add to my wardrobe, received positive reviews and wouldn’t break the bank.  There are tons of versions of the shoes I show below; colorful patterns, slightly heels, etc.  If you like what you see, definitely check out the website and you may find the one that is perfect for you.

Just to let you know, Target.com has some really cool UGG-like boots and moccasins.  So definitely check those out for a budget friendly, comfortable option.

Since I did the research last night, on Cyber Monday, the prices may be slightly skewed from what is shown below.  Hopefully they are pretty close.

So here are my top picks (geared toward the winter months with the exception of Toms Shoes):


Minnetonka Women's Kilty Suede Moccasin
 $36.95 - DSW



UGG Australia Dakota Moccasins
$100 - Bloomingdale's



Natural Burlap Women's Classics
$54 - Toms Shoes




UGG Australia Evera Leather Sneaker
$99.95 - Nordstrom




UGG Australia Broome II Leather Boot
$219.95 - Nordstrom



 

INTERNN
$180 - SteveMadden.com


Van Eli Rowan Leather Boot
$130 - DSW



Enzo Angiolini 'Zelden' Boot
$100 - Nordstrom




Buckle Riding Boot
$79 - Victoria's Secret




Suede Slouch Boot
$59 - Victoria's Secret


Black Vegan Women's Wrap Boot
$98 - Toms Shoes

The North Face 'Fleece High Rise Boot'
$70 - Nordstrom

I also want to add, that when I fly, I wear leggings and a long sweater (I wear double leggings in the winter months).  It is so comfortable, keeps me warm throughout the whole flight, and I am able to wear the sweater throughout my entire trip.

The best part is, when you wear a bulky item during your flight, you are foregoing the annoying folding and squishing of a favorite item.  Most importantly, you are allowing more room in your suitcase for more fun bags and shoes!

Here are some comfy, stylish picks that I found during my search for the perfect airplane shoe.  


Rubbish Fair Isle Sweater Coat
$58 - Nordstrom




Kensie 'Huggable' Slouchy Neck Sweater
$88 - Nordstrom



 Cotton & Cashmere Hooded Sweater Dress
$59 - Nordstrom




Hinge Jacquard Blanket Cardigan
$98 - Nordstrom





 Quotation Vintageous 'Classic Odds' Sweater with Removable Cowl Collar
 $90 - Bloomingdale's



Cowlneck Sweater
$78 - Victoria's Secret


Versatility is key when you’re traveling; wear as much as you can to prevent lugging extra pounds of unnecessary clothing.

Good luck and safe flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment